You can read countless articles on Big Data (BD) every day. For instance, I just read one from the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) on a new book being published by Lisa Arthur, CMO of Teradata Applications.
Lisa apparently refers to BD as “the big data hairball” and suggests that with increasing “volume, velocity and variety,” as the WSJ remarks, companies will need an enterprise-level strategy to untangle the hairball. Hmmm. That may be true to some degree, or they could start small like the CPG brands are doing and work with companies like Hopster to target and personalize more meaningful and relevant offers to their member base.
Check out the article on Lisa Arthur here.
- Two “Opposing” Big Data Opportunities For Businesses (meetjohnsong.com)
- Demand for Big Data specialists grows in face of skills shortage (techcentral.ie)
- It’s Big Data if You Say So (themarketingrobot.com)
- Big Data: The Next Frontier (visual.ly)
- Data-Driven Marketing Step Three: Untangle The Data Hairball (lisaarthur.wordpress.com)